Tuesday 5 June 2012

OPI dutch treats collection swatches


the other day when in Sally's I spotted this mini collection of OPI's Dutch Treats collection, and couldn't help but buy it, for blogging purposes of course... *cough*

I have a Herring Problem, Red lights ahead... Where? Kiss me on my Tulips and Pedal faster Suzi!
Read on for swatches




I have a Herring Problem is a blue toned grey with fairly large silver shimmer. This is two coats but looking at it I probably should have done three. This was probably the colour I most liked the look of from the collection, but is a bit meh on my nails. It's greyer than it looks here.


Red Lights ahead.. Where? is a bright, red based coral, and slightly more orange than it shows here. I love this, it's a very bright colour but yet muted enough for office work. I wasn't too excited about it in the bottle but it's probably my favourite colour in the collection having swatched them. I love how it looks on my nails and application was beautiful; it's very opaque. This is two coats but you could get away with 1 in a rush. It dried really glossy too, although I did put a top coat on top (CG's patent leather)


flash
indoor lighting
Kiss me on my tulips is a blue based hot pink creme. I was expecting this to be brighter than it was, it's a slightly muted hot pink but I still love it. Again, application was gorgeous, but I have a lot of colours similar to this.

flash
indoor lighting
Looking at this, I probably should have done four coats but this is three. As you can see, my smile line is visible on the pointer finger. Pedal faster Suzi! is a lilacy baby pink with silver shimmer, similar to I have a herring problem but pink. It reminds me a bit of a shimmery cross between china glaze dance baby and barry m strawberry ice cream. This goes on very sheer and would look really pretty with 1 coat over a french manicure as it just gives the shimmer with a hint of pink.

Overall the two cremes are my favourite in this collection, they applied beautifully. The shimmers are pretty but I'm on a creme kick at the moment so will probably be digging them out when I get back into shimmer.
Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment